Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This specialised program provides training in the practice of art therapy, which combines art and psychotherapy within a clinical setting or therapeutic environment. Art therapy is used for treatment and healing, and for the prevention of developmental, emotional, psychological or physical issues, problems or disorders.
- 240 credit points of coursework including 3 semesters of supervised art therapy placements totalling 750 hours
- a Master's level final project.
- Art therapy
Standard entry requirements
- Undergraduate degree in fine arts, graphic design, art education, psychology, counselling, social work, occupational therapy, psychology or nursing
- At least one year of art therapy, counselling and / or community work experience (paid or voluntary)
- NB: Meeting minimum prerequisites does not guarantee an offer of a place
- Entry into all La Trobe courses is based on competitive selection and there may be limited places available.
The Master of Art Therapy is approved by the Australian, New Zealand and Asian Creative Arts Therapies Association (ANZACATA). Graduates of the Master of Art Therapy may apply for professional membership with ANZACATA. Membership may be subject to additional or ongoing requirements beyond completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|