Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Become a trusted authority in business information. Looking for your path to a career as a qualified professional accountant? Become an expert with in-demand skills when you study La Trobe's Master of Professional Accounting. In this accredited degree, you'll build expertise in existing and emerging accounting information systems and data analytics tools. Investigate the fields underpinning modern accounting, including business law, taxation, finance and economics. Connect with industry and professional accounting bodies during your studies and prepare for career success. Learn how to solve accounting problems across a diverse variety of business contexts. With lectures delivered by leading academics and guest industry experts, you'll get a well-rounded perspective on contemporary accounting issues - ranging from industry-specific measurement issues to the impact of global harmonisation on financial reporting practices.
To qualify for the award of Master of Professional Accounting, students must complete 180 core credit points in total.
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Accounting Information Systems
- Accounting Principles and Practices
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Foundations of Company and Commercial Law
- Principles of Business Analytics
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Finance
- Statistics for Business and Finance
Standard entry requirements
- Postgraduate: Prerequisites - Undergraduate requirements - Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- International: IELTS - 6.5 < 6.0 (PG minimum) - 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
The Master of Professional Accounting is accredited by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and recognized by the global accounting professional body Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Professional membership may require an application to the professional body and may have additional or ongoing requirements beyond the completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional body for details. Graduates of the Master of Professional Accounting may apply for membership with the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA). Membership may be subject to additional or ongoing requirements beyond completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional body for details.
Applicants with demonstrated prior learning in business, either in the form of an undergraduate degree in a business related field or with at least five years relevant business experience, will be eligible to apply for Advanced Standing (credit) for the four subjects of the first semester of the course. In making an offer of Advanced Standing to an applicant, the University may give consideration to a range of factors including academic record and employment experience.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Bendigo, Melbourne, Sydney.
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Thursday, Aug 4 2022
This course commences in Semester 1 (March), Semester 2 (July), and Summer Semester (October).