Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is part of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package. It provides an introduction to the construction industry, its culture, occupations, job roles and workplace expectations. The units of competency cover essential occupational health and safety requirements, the industrial and work organisation structure, communication skills, work planning, and basic use of tools and materials.
- 11 units: 8 core
- 3 electives
- Plan and organise work
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Conduct workplace communication
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Undertake a basic computer design project
- Apply basic levelling procedures
- Undertake a basic construction project
- Handle construction materials
- Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Use construction tools and equipment
- Work safely in the construction industry
- Undertake basic estimation and costing
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Nirimba College.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**- A mandatory $500 resource fee is charged to cover the costs of PPE, textbooks and material.
Campuses: Nowra Campus.
**FULLY GOVERNMENT SUBSIDISED**This course is fully government-subsidised for eligible students, meaning you will not have to pay any course fees. It is part of a program to help people develop the skills they need to get a job, undertake entry level qualifications or transition to a new job.If you are not eligible for subsidised training, you can still choose to enrol in the course but will need to pay the full (non-subsidised) fee.