Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Tertiary Pathway Program (TPP) will provide students with the skills and confidence to undertake an undergraduate course in higher education. The TPP will assist students to develop an understanding of different systems of knowledge, methods of learning and strategies for success. The course will focus on developing the ability to navigate the technical requirements of accessing and participating in a higher education course; the development of independent learning and essential study skills required for academic life; understanding the language and culture of an academic environment, including critical and reflective thinking; developing essential mathematical skills and applying data and statistics to a range of knowledge systems; developing academic reading and writing skills within the framework of a considered writing process; and developing IT, research, and presentation skills, both as an individual and when working in a collaborative environment
- 5 courses: Learning for University
- Academic Writing
- Essential Mathematics
- Research Skills and Information Literacy
- and either Foundations of Human Biology OR Communication Skills.
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 school results that do not meet the minimum academic entry requirement for undergraduate program entry
- Completion of an AQF equivalent of Certificate III qualification or higher from a TAFE or other recognised Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Office Home-educated applicants and students from Montessori or Steiner schools may be considered for this program
- Applicants must be of school leaving age.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|