Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
In this combined program, students study the concepts of electrical and electronic engineering and undertake a physics major as part of the Science component. The degree provides a strong background in mathematics and physics besides practical experience in the design and operation of electrical, electronic and software systems. With designated courses from both disciplines counted towards the program, the degree can typically be completed in five years (full-time), compared with seven years if undertaken separately. Combining two areas of study offers graduates not only a more diverse experience at university, but also greater scope of career prospects.
Students are required to complete 6 weeks of work experience as part of the engineering academic program.
- Engineering-Medical Technologies
- Engineering-Smart Technologies
- Engineering- Defence systems
- Engineering- Renewable energy
- Engineering- Cybersecurity
- Engineering- Communication systems
- Engineering- Computer engineering
- Engineering-electrical and electronic
Standard entry requirements
- Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods, Physics plus one of Specialist Mathematics or Chemistry
- International Baccalaureate: either Mathematics (HL grade 3) and Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3)
- Or Chemistry (SL grade 4/HL grade 3), Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3) and Mathematics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3). If Stage 2 studies were undertaken prior to 2017, the equivalent subject was known as Mathematical Studies.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic) qualify for professional membership of Engineers Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||International: $215,000||
A combined degree is an approved combination of two degrees, which includes components from both programs and satisfies the minimum of one of those degree programs but not both individual degrees (unlike a double degree). At the end, students will graduate with one parchment.