Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This double degree program combines the disciplines of environmental engineering and science allowing students to study towards two degrees simultaneously. Students study the concepts of civil and structural engineering, and choose a science specialisation in biological sciences, chemistry, geology, physics or mathematics. With designated courses from both disciplines counted towards the degree, the program can typically be completed in five years (full-time), compared with seven years if undertaken separately. At the end of the double degree, students graduate with two separate parchments; one for each degree. Combining two areas of study offers graduates not only a more diverse experience at university, but also greater scope of career prospects and a competitive edge in the job market.
Students are required to complete 6 weeks of approved practical experience.
- Engineering - Smart technologies
- Engineering - Defence systems
- Engineering - Renewable energy
- Behavioural sciences
- Biomedical sciences
- Chemical science
- Earth sciences
- Ecology and environmental biology
- Marine biology
- Molecular biology
Standard entry requirements
- Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods and Physics plus one of Specialist Mathematics or Chemistry
- International Baccalaureate: either Mathematics (HL grade 3) and Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3)
- Or Chemistry (SL grade 4/HL grade 3), Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3) and Mathematics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3). If Stage 2 studies were undertaken prior to 2017, the equivalent subject was known as Mathematical Studies.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||International: $215,000||No information available||No||No information available|