Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Graduate Certificate in Teaching Religious Education prepares graduates to teach religious education. It provides graduates with knowledge of the disciplines, principles, practices and traditions that form the basis for religious education. At Catholic Theological College and Yarra Theological Union the award fulfils the requirements of the Catholic Education Commission of Victoria Policy 1.7 Accreditation to Teach Religious Education in a Catholic School.
- The GradCertTeachRE is offered in two streams. For further information please contact Catholic Theological College or Yarra Theological Union. Students at Catholic Theological College complete the following units: BS8600C Sacred Scripture: A Foundation for Teaching Religious Education
- CT8600C Foundational Theology for Teaching Religious Education
- CT9601C Living Christian Faith: Sacramental and Moral Life
- DR8600C Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Religious Education Students at Yarra Theological Union complete the following units: DR8601Y Introduction to Scripture for Religious Educators
- DR8603Y Foundations of Religious Education
- DR8602Y or DR8612Y or DR8622Y Jesus Christ Today: Church, Mission and Sacraments
- DR8604Y Making our (Christian) Choices in Life: A Value Added Approach
- DR8605Y Integrative Exercise.
- Teaching religious education
Standard entry requirements
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent
Graduates may proceed to the Graduate Diploma in Theology or to the Master of Arts (Theology).
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Catholic Theological College||Domestic: $6,858|
|Yarra Theological Union||Domestic: $6,858|