Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Graduates of this program are eligible to seek Registered Nurse status with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA) as a professional nurse in Australia and by mutual recognition in New Zealand. This is a graduate entry-level course designed for those who hold an existing AQF Level 7 Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification and who are not registered to practise as a nurse in Australia, and who are seeking a career change to the nursing profession. UNE offers a safe, pleasant rural environment for study and equips nursing graduates with the knowledge and skills to function in both metropolitan and rural healthcare settings. This is important as nursing staff shortages are more acute in the rural sector. UNE nursing graduates are well regarded by employers in the healthcare sector.
Those who are not registered to practice as a nurse in Australia and who are seeking a career change to the nursing profession
108 credit points (equivalent to 18 standard units) including 800 hours of clinical practice. Mandatory intensive schools may be a requirement of some of the units in this course. A student's program of study and credit points for completion are determined by the qualification used as the basis for admission.
- Nursing practice
Standard entry requirements
- AQF Level 7 or equivalent Bachelor degree in any discipline area from a recognised university in Australia or overseas, and not be currently registered to practice as a nurse in Australia. All students must meet the English Language Requirements for the course
- Please note this course has a higher level English requirement than many other UNE courses. All students must complete and provide a Criminal Record Check
- Working with Children Check
- UNE approved Basic Life support and Manual Handling Course
- And Vaccinations per NSW Health policy.
The Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA).
Students may be eligible for credit (advanced standing) for previously completed studies.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||Yes||No information available|
The first 2 units are offered in Trimester 2 or Trimester 3 and are available on campus only. If a student receives advanced standing for these units they will commence their studies in Trimester 3 or Trimester 1 and have the option of studying on or off campus. This is an approved Student Income Support course. Eligible students may apply for Youth Allowance or Austudy.