Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Graduate Diploma in Workplace Health and Safety is an 80-unit postgraduate coursework award. The Graduate Diploma provides training in occupational health and safety. The program prepares graduates for work in the preparation and implementation of occupational health and safety programs at the workplace. It is designed to develop advanced knowledge, critical understanding and problem solving approaches to the complex ranges of issues and processes associated with practice in occupational health and safety. Students will, in many cases, be working in a variety of roles within this area, for example as OHS officers, advisers, managers or consultants. Many of these roles require the development of policies and strategies in response to the occupational health and safety needs of the organisation.
80 units of compulsory courses
- Law for workplace health and safety
- occupational hygiene
- Contemporary work, health and safety
- workplace hazard management
Standard entry requirements
- Diploma in OHS of 1 year duration or equivalent, plus 2 years relevant work experience
- ORAdvanced Diploma in OHS or equivalent qualification, plus 1 year relevant work experience
- ORBachelor or Bachelor Honours Degree
- ORGraduate Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety or in a cognate area.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Fees are indicative and subject to variation. Overall program fee may vary based on course selection.