Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00244B (QLD); 02225M (NSW)
This degree is designed to give you the skills, knowledge and experience for a career in ICT. Students will learn how to be a problem solver and innovator across a wide range of industries as an expert in information technology. Students are able to start specialising in the first year and have numerous opportunities to put skills into practice through an industry-based learning experience or project. Students also have the option to choose a second major from a range of business, commerce and science courses to shape the career they want.
- 24 units: 8 core courses
- 1x 8 unit major plus 1 x 8-unit second major or 2 x 4-unit minors or 1 x 4-unit minor and 4 elective units.
- Applied computer science
- Data Analytics
- Information systems development
- Information technology management
- Networking and security.
Standard entry requirements
- Have achieved a minimum ATAR 60, Overall Position (OP) 16, tertiary entrance rank 66 or equivalent qualification
- English Language Proficiency requirements for Category 2
- Assumed Knowledge expectations: English. Data Analytics major - Mathematics A or equivalent
- Applied Computer Science major and Networking and Security major - Mathematics A* (4, SA) or equivalent
- Data Analytics major - Mathematics B* (4, SA) or equivalent
- Open Access College has courses available via Tertiary Preparation Program which will allow students to up-skill in Mathematics prior to entry
- All students are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. If students do not meet the English language requirements they may apply to study a University-approved English language program. On successful completion of the English language program, students may be admitted to an award program.
The Bachelor of Information Technology program is accredited at professional level by the Australian Computer Society and, through the Seoul Accord, is recognised in other countries.
Students may be eligible for up to 16 units of exemption on the basis of successful completion of relevant, equivalent undergraduate study from a recognised university or institution.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|