Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00244B (QLD); 02225M (NSW)
This program focuses on practical experience, preparing students thoroughly for the engineering profession. It is ideal for students who have already completed a 3-year engineering degree but have no work experience, as students will be eligible to apply for graduate membership with Engineers Australia and become a professional engineer.
Professionals in the engineering industry who require recognition at the professional level upon successful completion
- 16 units: 7 core courses (8 units)
- 6 specialisation courses
- 2 elective courses
- 2-5 practice courses (0 units), depending upon specialisations
- Agricultural engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Power engineering
- Structural engineering
- Engineering management and enterprise
Standard entry requirements
- Australian university Bachelor degree (three of four years) in the area of engineering in the relevant cognate specialisation (major), or equivalent
- Or completion of an appropriate four year Bachelor degree in the area of engineering in a non-cognate specialisation (major field), or equivalent
- And English Language Proficiency requirements for Category 3
The specialisations of Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Power Engineering and Structural Engineering are accredited by Engineers Australia. The specialisation in Engineering Management and Enterprise is not accredited by any professional bodies.
Articulate from: Graduate Certificate of Engineering Science, Graduate Diploma of Engineering Science.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
For all modes of study, there are compulsory practical components which require either on-campus participation or residential school attendance.