Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This combined degree is designed for aspiring secondary school teachers. This program enables students to pursue a teaching specialisation in Visual Arts, with the option of a second teaching specialisation in Graphics and Multimedia Technology. The program covers both theoretical and practical aspects of education, including 80 days supervised professional experience in at least two different secondary schools.
- 192 units of credit, including education courses and teaching methods courses
- compulsory courses from Art and Design
- fine arts studios
- fine arts, design or media studios and contextual Studies.
- Fine Arts Studios: Painting, Drawing, Sculpture Installation Performance, Printmaking, Photography, Textiles, Interactive Media
- Design Studios: Graphics Media, Object Design, Spatial Design, Textiles, Jewellery, Ceramics
- Media Arts Studios: Animation and Visual Effects, Video Sound Image, Interactive Media.
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed Knowledge: Band 5 or higher in any HSC English course or the equivalent
- Visual Arts.
This course is recognised as a professional teaching qualification in all states/territories of Australia.
Applications for credit transfer will be considered after offers are made.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|UNSW Art and Design||No information available||No||No information available|
(Secondary) component of the dual degree. It is expected that all applicants will have a Higher School Certificate minimum Band 5 in Standard English, English as a Second Language or Advanced English, or an overall IELTS score of 7.5, with a minimum of 8.0 in Speaking and Listening and a minimum of 7.0 in Reading and Writing, or the equivalent.