Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Diploma of IT covers information systems, information technology and business topics including: techniques and technologies of structured systems analysis; major Information Systems found in a typical business; structured programming, concepts and practice of object oriented programming; and fundamental database concepts and skills in the design and manipulation of relational databases. To prepare students for university study, the program provides preparatory tertiary academic skills subjects as well as two business subjects. It is also a recognised pathway to the Bachelor of Business Information Systems (BBIS) and the Bachelor of Computer Science at the University of Wollongong. It will offer students support to develop tertiary learning skills to assist them to achieve their goals for university studies, including training in English language proficiency.
3 Sessions over 1 year.
- Concepts and practice of object oriented programming
- Fundamental database concepts and skills in the design and manipulation of relational databases
- Major information systems found in a typical business
- Structured programming
- Techniques and technologies of structured systems analysis
Standard entry requirements
- A result of 60-65% in Year 12 HSC or equivalent
- Other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
University of Wollongong
Guaranteed Pathway to the 2nd Year of the Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Business Information Systems and the Bachelor of Computer Science (subject to meeting UOW Entry Requirements).
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||