Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional) has been designed to focus on developing highly sought after skills in the Computer Science Industry of Web and Mobile Application Development and Network and Systems Computing. Students will develop their skills in the first couple of years via state-of-the-art classrooms and facilities, including virtual and hands-on classroom teachings, building a body of experience and knowledge solving real-world problems, lead and project manage teams, and additionally receive the opportunity for first-hand, authentic, day-to-day work experience alongside IT professionals. Students will learn about the variety of career options available to graduates and apply knowledge learned in the classroom to that of the working environment, to produce a competent and confident graduate that is highly employable. This course offers high achieving students in NBIT Bachelor of Information Technology, the exciting opportunity to transfer to NBIP and experience 12 months of paid internship in the IT industry as part of their degree. Courses that offer industry placement and work experience roles are highly preferred by employers and students, as they play a critical part in developing job ready skills for graduates, such as the following roles: network design and implementation, system security consultancy, data modelling and database development, the web and mobile application programming, network and database system administration, information and communication technology (ICT) management.
- 336 credit points
- 8 First Year Core units
- 4 Graduating Core Minor units
- 8 Major units
- 2 Industry Placement units.
- Web and Mobile Application Development
- Network and System Computing.
Standard entry requirements
- International: Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including at least one of the following subjects: Mathematics OR Completion of an Australian Diploma or Advanced Diploma (or equivalent)
- PLUS: IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score of 6 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking). Applicants with relevant work, education and/or community experience will be considered for admission to the course. Students that are currently studying NBIT Bachelor of Information Technology, may be eligible to transfer to this course if they meet the following criteria: Completion of a least 192 credits (equivalent to 16 units) with a Distinction (70%) or above average from the Bachelor of IT
- And the recipient of an Industry Based Scholarship.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Footscray Park||No information available||No||No information available|