Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The course offers a qualification that will equip graduates for managerial, policy development and planning roles within the rapidly growing tourism and events industries. The course incorporates tourism and management studies with a focus on addressing contemporary issues and challenges faced by destinations internationally. Embedded within an established suite of business programs, including Victoria University's internationally awarded MBA, the Master of Tourism and Destination Management prepares graduates to professionally engage with contemporary and emerging industry issues and developments in the visitor economy. In particular, the course builds on the theme of 'Green Growth' and sustainability as a central paradigm. The course is developed and conducted with the close involvement of industry leaders, both local and international, and students will have the opportunity to gain a close insight into industry operations, develop professional networks and apply knowledge within the tourism and events sectors.
- 144 credit points consisting of 9 core units
- Plus Option 1: 1 capstone unit and 2 elective units, OR Option 2: 2 business research proposal/thesis units.
- Tourism and destination management
Standard entry requirements
- Relevant Bachelors/Honours degree
- And/or professional experience
- IELTS overall score of 6.5 and no individual band score less than 6 or equivalent
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||Yes||No information available|