Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws

Western Sydney University

Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Level: Undergraduate
CRICOS: 00917K; 02851G (WS, The College)

The Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws double degree program allows graduates to span both the legal and scientific worlds in a way that single degree graduates cannot. It provides students with the capacity for critical analysis and independent thinking. The double degrees permit students to undertake multi-skilling, and offer diverse career paths providing high marketability in multiple areas of expertise. The Bachelor of Laws (LLB) provides students with professional legal skills including the ability to analyse legal material and understand fundamental legal principles; an understanding of the relationship between law and society; the skills to analyse and solve legal and non-legal problems and specialised study into the Australian legal system. The science component gives students the skills necessary for quantification, and scientific problem solving.


400 credit points


  • Biological sciences
  • Chemistry
  • Environmental science
  • Forensic science
  • Law
  • Mathematical science
  • Nutrition and food science
  • Zoology

Standard entry requirements

  • Year 12 or equivalent
  • Any 2 units of English
  • Plus relevant science subjects


Graduates from the Bachelor of Laws are eligible to apply to the Legal Profession Admission Board for admission to legal practice in NSW after undertaking prescribed practical legal training. The Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) is accredited by the Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI) for normal entry of a graduate to the Chartered Chemist qualification.

Study information

CampusFeesEntryMid year intakeAttendance
Campbelltown International: $153,880
  • ATAR: 95
  • Full-time : 5 years
  • Part-time : 10 years
Parramatta International: $153,880
  • ATAR: 95
  • Full-time : 5 years
  • Part-time : 10 years

Further information

Students enrolling in some units may need to have a National Police Check and consent or prohibited employment declarations as they may be conducting their placement in circumstances where they work with minors.

Related courses

Browse more courses
Is the information on this page correct? Request update
Enquire about this course
You must agree before submitting.

Become a member

Already a member? LoginForgot password?

Join the conversation