Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of High Performance Sport includes relevant, professional practice-related learning, independent research and project work, and an opportunity for an industry-based internship. This degree can also provide a pathway into further research study, eg a PhD. A series of study units focus on the technological advances for athlete monitoring, advanced principles of strength and conditioning, and the relationships between fatigue, adaptation, performance and injury. The application of this knowledge to the planning and delivery of meaningful interventions for athletes to enhance performance and reduce the likelihood of injury and illness is essential for a professional working in the high performance sport environment. This includes using appropriate techniques of analysis to accurately interpret competition and training information, with advanced information literacy skills to communicate ideas and outcomes.
120 credit points. The Master of High Performance Sport is designed as a program of structured learning that includes relevant professional practice-related learning, independent research and work integrated learning, as well as the opportunity for an industry based internship.
- High performance sport
- Sport and exercise science
Standard entry requirements
- To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must:hold a Bachelor degree or higher in Exercise Science, Sports Science, Human Movement or a related discipline AND have evidence of relevant industry experience
- AND submit a supporting professional referee's report regarding suitability for this postgraduate program and/or experience in the industry.OR hold a Bachelor degree in Exercise Science, Sports Science, Human Movement or a related discipline, with a grade point average of at least 4.8 on the ACU 7 point scale
- AND submit a supporting professional referee's report regarding suitability for this postgraduate program and/or experience in the industry. OR have completed one of the following ACU degrees:Graduate Certificate in High Performance SportGraduate Certificate in Performance AnalysisGraduate Certificate in High Performance Sport Leadership
- Or Graduate Certificate in Exercise Rehabilitation for Sports Injuries NOTE: Applicants holding a Bachelor degree (or higher) in a related allied health discipline will be considered, dependent upon specific qualifications and evidence of industry experience.NOTE: Applicants having completed ACU's Graduate Diploma in High Performance Sport will be eligible for recognition of prior learning of 80 credit points.NOTE: Applicants having completed ACU's Graduate Certificate in High Performance Sport, Graduate Certificate in Performance Analysis, Graduate Certificate in High Performance Sport Leadership or Graduate Certificate in Exercise Rehabilitation for Sports Injuries will be eligible for recognition of prior learning of 40 credit points.*Disclaimer: The Course entry requirements above are for 2021 Admission.
The degree is designed with elective options of research training as a pathway to higher degree research, for example, PhD and Masters by research.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Examples of the types of work settings the course prepares graduates for: Fitness advisor; Fitness coach; Football or other sport manager; High performance manager; Performance analyst; Professional coach; Rehabilitation coach; Sports science manager; Sports scientist; Strength and conditioning coach; Team manager.