Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The fashion industry is looking for a new breed of designer. Individuals who can combine fresh and inspiring designs, with an understanding of how to produce for commercial success, are the ones who will thrive. The branded fashion designer's role is to find the most creative, strategic, sustainable and cost-effective solution. Developing a commercial awareness of how to create, build and sustain a brand and align it with a target market is a critical skill. Learn the basics for what it takes to create, build and sustain a brand and align it with a target market.
The course structure comprises 3 common core subjects and 5 specialized subjects Level 100, as follows: Level 100 3 core subjects plus 5 elective subjects
- DCX101 Design Context
- FA101A Fashion Illustration
- FA104A Introduction to Branded Fashion Technical Drawing
- FA107A Introduction to Shape and Form (Co-requisite FA108A)
- FA108A Fashion Studio Practice (Pre-requisite FA107A) DSO103 Design Studio 2
- FA106A Fashion vs Clothing
Standard entry requirements
- Students without an Undergraduate degree may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate
- Additional academic entry requirements for International students: Equivalent IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with no skills band less than 6
- Capstone project: 6 hrs facilitated study and 14 hrs self-directed study per week. Major project (Advanced): 12 hrs facilitated study and 28 hrs self directed study per week.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Brisbane - Bowen Terrace Campus||
||No information available||No||No information available|