Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program is designed to prepare students for a career in the legal profession, business, industry or government, both within Australia and overseas. Its combination of excellent teaching, small classes and extensive legal skills program provides a dynamic learning experience that is challenging both academically and prepares students practically for a legal career. It is an approved degree for purposes of admission as a barrister or solicitor in all Australian jurisdictions. Students should however always confirm admission requirements in the particular jurisdiction in which they wish to practice. In conjunction with further study, the degree can also be used to gain admission internationally.
- 32 subjects: 3 core subjects + Beyond Bond: Professional Development and Community Engagement
- 17 compulsory law subjects
- 7 law electives and 5 general electives. Bond has a unique University Core Skills Program, where all Bachelor-level degrees must include 3 for-credit subjects and a required 0 credit component that collectively address the Mission, Values, and desired Graduate Attributes for undergraduate students at Bond University. These components, in concert with discipline-specific studies, are designed to deliver: Clear and informed thinking
- Effective oral and written communication
- Global awareness and the ability to work with diverse others
- Skills for managing oneself, contributing to teams, and providing leadership
- Understanding of ethical frameworks and the personal capacity for ethical practice
- Real-world, work-integrated learning experiences
- Preparation for the transition to employment.
- Contemporary Legal Issues
- Legal Practice
- International and Comparative Law
- Media and Technology Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Canadian Law and Practice.
Standard entry requirements
Year 12 or equivalent, or Bond College certificate
The course satisfies Priestley Eleven requirements. It is recognised by legal professional bodies in all Australian states and territories and overseas, but note that further study may be required before admission.
Diploma of Legal Studies.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Gold Coast||Domestic: $124,480|
The Bachelor of Laws may be combined with other Bond degrees. Popular combinations include: Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of International Relations (Business), and Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology). Students who have already completed an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than law would normally apply for the postgraduate professional qualification, the Juris Doctor.