Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program provides language teacher education in teaching and learning English as a Second/Additional Language. It aims to prepare prospective teachers of English as a Second Language for their future career and to assist current TESOL teachers in extending their professional knowledge. Subject contents cover theoretical aspects of language, language teaching, language acquisition and the practical applications of these in language teaching. The program prepares teachers for the international career in the diverse global world.
12 subjects: 8 coursework subjects. Students choose between a Major Dissertation or Minor Dissertation option.
- Major: Dissertation in TESOL A
- Dissertation in TESOL B Minor: Supervised Projects in TESOL A OR English in Professional Context
- Supervised Project in TESOL B
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 Bachelor degree or equivalent in education, language, linguistics, applied linguistics or language related disciplines at an approved institution
- Or Recognised qualification in teacher education
- Or hold an undergraduate degree, plus a certification in TESOL plus a minimum five years' experience in teaching English.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||Yes||
The program prepares students for work in diverse educational contexts. Our graduates teach English as a Second/Additional Language at all levels, from primary to tertiary, across the globe. In Australia, the program is designed to meet the teaching standard of ELICOS, university language institutes and other language teaching colleges. (For details of English language teacher qualifications in Australia, visit the National ELT Accreditation Scheme website). Our graduates also find employment in areas where the knowledge about languages and cultures is highly valued including other pedagogical careers as well as politics, diplomacy, economics, trade and drama.