Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00300K (NT); 03286A (NSW)
This fully externalised course will be of interest to students wishing to combine the key attributes of information technology and new media design (web development), particularly those wishing to seek creative careers in the entertainment industries of games development, digital film, animation, sound design and web-based creative applications. Creative arts applications are combined with the latest IT techniques and technologies to equip students to satisfy current industry demands while being prepared to shape future industry developments. The course is also designed to attract mature-age students considering a change of career or who are interested in being creative and knowledgeable in the new media and technology industries.
- 2 common units
- plus core and specialist units from the creative arts and industries and information technology degrees
- New media design
- Information technology
Standard entry requirements
- NTCET or equivalent (Year 12) and an ATAR of 60 or higher
- Or Certificate IV or above
- Or STAT score of 135 or greater
- Or submission of an acceptable personal competencies statement and/or employment experience
- Or 6 months of full-time study (or equivalent) of a higher education degree/diploma
- Or completion of 40 credit points in the Preparation for Tertiary Study Program (ZTEP01), the Preparation for Tertiary Success (ZPTS11 or ZPTS21), or other recognised tertiary preparation course.
Australian Computer Society.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
||Yes||No information available|
Graduates of this combined degree are awarded both the Bachelor of Creative Arts and Industries (New Media Design) and the Bachelor of Information Technology.