Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Human Resource Management (Psychology) empowers you to see human resources from a different angle. By exploring the human mind in a business context, you’ll have a significant advantage when performing key functions in your human resources (HR) role, from recruitment and workplace negotiations, to creating high-performance environments. You’ll graduate with a more targeted knowledge base in psychology. This allows you to take a scientific approach to the day-to-day functions of a HR professional. Your deep understanding of human behaviour will be crucial when it comes to analysing employee performance, developing strong organisational culture and selecting the right person for the job. The course has been recognised by key accreditation bodies in HR and psychology as a degree that closely reflects the needs of the industry, largely due to our practical learning opportunities, including industry placements and overseas study tours.
- 24 credit points of core units
- Students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module.
- Human Resource Management, Psychology
Standard entry requirements
- Minimum ATAR of 70.00. VCE Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 25 in English other than EAL or equivalent. This course uses the ATAR and your entire academic record as part of its selection consideration
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
- For more detailed information about additional course requirements for all applicant groups, or equivalent minimum requirements for applicants with a higher education study, VET study or work and life experience refer to the Deakin University website.
The Bachelor of Human Resource Management (Psychology) is accredited by the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI).
Credit for prior learning may be offered to applicants who have successfully completed post-secondary studies; Completion of the course also provides students with an APAC accredited three-year degree in psychology;This allows students to then undertake additional study in pursuit of professional registration as a practising psychologist through the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA).
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne Burwood||International: $110,592||
|Geelong Waterfront||International: $110,592||
Students enrolled at the Geelong Waterfront Campus will be required to undertake some units of study at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus. Course also offered in Cloud (online) mode.