Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
At Deakin, we recognise that the efficient management and delivery of healthcare will be one of the most pressing challenges facing economies over the coming years. Jointly run and managed by the Deakin Business School and the School of Medicine, Deakin’s MBA (Healthcare Management) gives you the best of both worlds. Prepare to manage and lead healthcare services in Australia and overseas by undertaking the core of our MBA program plus a tailored set of health units. Tailor your MBA studies to the particular issues and challenges associated with the healthcare sector. Learn the very latest in business and management thinking then apply your newfound knowledge to healthcare settings.
- 16 credit points total which include: 8 core units offered by the Faculty of Business and Law
- 6 core units and 2 elective units offered by the Faculty of Health
- Students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module.
- Healthcare management
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree in any discipline and two years relevant work experience*
- Or Graduate Certificate in a related discipline and three years relevant work experience*
- Or Graduate Diploma equivalent (professional pathways)
- Or for international applicants: successful completion of a Masters Qualifying Program (MQP) and two years relevant work experience
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement.
- *Must be in a managerial or professional role with evidence of leading teams, including either direct or indirect reports as a supervisor or manager.Applicants must demonstrate decision making responsibility in a range of areas including budgetary oversight, staffing and management, involvement in strategy and planning development and operational implementation or other relevant professional experience at senior management, executive or company director level.
Alternative Exits:; Master of Business Administration; Graduate Diploma of Business Administration; Graduate Certificate of Healthcare Management; Graduate Certificate of Business Administration.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Cloud(online), Melbourne Burwood.
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.
All applicants must provide the following with their application: current curriculum vitae; current contact details of two referees who can be contacted concerning their work experience; a one page brief outlining why they believe that their work experience would be valued by their MBA peers