Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This nationally accredited course is designed to graduate early childhood educators who are competent teachers ready to work in schools and a range of early childhood settings. A key feature of this course is connecting theory with practice. Graduates will have the knowledge and be able to develop early childhood educational programs for children from birth to 8 years of age. Partnerships with over 1,000 schools and early childhood settings allow Pre-Service Teachers to gain experience in diverse settings, including public, private, metropolitan, regional and remote contexts working with children, families and communities. In addition, a distinguishing feature of this course is that Pre-Service Teachers have the opportunity in the fourth year of their course to specialise and broaden their knowledge and skills in an area of interest. Units are also available in the degree that enables Pre-Service Teachers to complete accreditation requirements to teach in Catholic schools. Final year Pre-Service Teachers can apply for a place in the internship program in either a school or early learning setting.
32 Units 480 Credit Points. Practicum Placement.
Standard entry requirements
- University admission requirements apply. All applicants are required to satisfy non-academic criteria, in addition to satisfying academic entry criteria. Applicants' non-academic capabilities will be assessed based on completion of a Non-Academic Requirements for Teacher Entry (NARTE) online questionnaire. International students must attain an IELTS Academic with an average level of 7.5 or more, across the four components of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- No score below level 7.0 in any of these components
- And, a score of 8.0 or more in the components of speaking and listening. Internationally schooled applicants may also be required to meet this requirement. Minimum English standard requirements for this course may also be satisfied with one of the following: Year 12 English ATAR/English Literature ATAR grade C or better or equivalent
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test
- * Successfully completed 1.0 EFTSL of study at bachelor level or higher in the UK, Ireland, USA, NZ or Canada
- University Preparation Course
- Indigenous University Orientation Course
- * Aboriginal Student Intake Test
- * AQF Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree
- Or Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at bachelor level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent). Note: If secondary education and degree studies were completed within a period of 2 years before applying for registration in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK or the USA, applicants do not need to provide proof of English competency. Applicants who have completed their secondary education in South Africa in English and have an undergraduate degree taught in English from a South African University are deemed to have met English language requirements. Applicants from the Seychelles: Successful completion of the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) grade C or above, PLUS a completed 4 year National Diploma.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|