Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Games developers design, create and produce computer and video games and other graphically based software. Gain a solid understanding of game technologies including programming, applied maths, computer graphics and game engines. Work in development teams as an artist, programmer, producer or animator, creating detailed design plans, preparing and designing graphics, animations and images for editing and testing.
This program consists of 360 credit points. Students will complete 20 core courses, and 4 elective courses, and a zero credit point IT Professional Engagement course.
- Games development
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in one of Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematics
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application. Academic IELTS with an Overall score of 6.0, with no band less than 5.5, or equivalent.
This program holds Professional Level accreditation with the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on your eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications. If you are seeking alternate entry into the Bachelor of Information Technology (Games Development) you can consider applying for the following programs: Bachelor of Information Technology; Diploma of Information Technology; Diploma of Digital Media Technologies; Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST) Program - designed to provide you an alternate entry into tertiary study; Enrol in single units (courses): ITECH1101 IT Problem Solving (Semester 1) and ITECH1103 Big Data And Analytics (Semester 2). Re-apply with credit to the Bachelor of Information Technology for the next semester. Students can progress to the Bachelor of Science (Honours) as a prelude to a higher degree in research or a professional qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $74,100||
Further Information: study.federation.edu.au