Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Invent new products, design innovative machines and change the way humans interact with mechanics. Perhaps you want to learn to build robots. In this degree, you'll learn about electric circuits and machines, thermodynamics, industrial robots and more. When you graduate, you'll be a professional engineer who is an expert in planning, design and construction. Your career may see you managing teams who will build the designs you've created. You'll be studying in Federation University's world class $43 million Science and Engineering precinct at our Mt Helen Campus. Your subjects include 'machine design', 'simulation in engineering' and 'energy conversion'. In your final year, you'll take on an engineering project to research and perfect your skills in your favourite area. We are proud to offer an Industry Placement Program, providing the opportunity for our students to gain valuable and relevant workplace experience. Students take part in a two-year professional development program and receive up to 26 weeks placement and up to $15,000 industry scholarship. Discover more at www.federation.edu.au/ipp
This program consists of 480 credit points. Students will complete 30 core courses, and a zero credit point Engineering Professional Practice course.
- Fluid Mechanics
- Manufacturing engineering
- Control and Instrumentation
- Vibration and Machine Dynamics
- Individual Research Project
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in one of Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematics
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application.
This degree is accredited by Engineers Australia.
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies relevant to this degree. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on your eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications. Candidates seeking alternate entry can consider the following options: Foundation Access Studies (FAST) program, including FASTP1203 Introduction to Technical maths. On successful completion of FAST, including FASTP1203 Introduction to Technical maths, students can apply for the Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours) for Semester 1. Enrol in single courses such as MATHS1001 Modelling and Change or MATHS1005 Secrets of the Matrix to demonstrate ability to be successful on the program. Apply for the Diploma of Engineering - Technical (Federation TAFE, Ballarat) which offers an articulation pathway into Higher Education and a number of credits towards the Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $115,200||No information available||Yes||No information available|
Students must obtain at least twelve weeks of suitable practical experience before being eligible to graduate. This experience should exposes the student to professional engineers and engineering technologists carrying out their typical duties. Further information: study.federation.edu.au