Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art) will develop students' artistic style and technical skills through a combination of traditional art practices and the use of industry standard software. Students will create beautiful environments and characters and use these assets to develop immersive experiences in an industry that is bigger than the music and movie sectors put together. Throughout the course students will work alongside lecturers who will offer them practical industry insights and collaborate with other game artists and programmers to develop an industry-level game.
- The course structure comprises 6 common core subjects, 10 specialised subjects and 7 elective subjects over levels 100, 200 and 300, as follows: Level 100 2 core subjects + 4 specialisations
- Level 200 2 core subjects + 4 specialisations
- Level 300 2 core subjects + 2 specialisations + 1 elective subject. The remaining 6 electives can be taken from levels 100, 200 or 300 from any Torrens University Australia or Think college course upon Head of Academic Studies approval.
- 2D asset creation
- Game design principles
- 3D asset creation
- Game production foundation
- Game studies
- Advanced 3D asset creation
- Rapid game prototype
Standard entry requirements
Year 12 equivalent with ATAR 60. For international applications IELTS 6.0 with no skills band less than 5.5. Special Entry Requirements: Demonstrated ability to undertake study at this level: work experience, and/or other formal, informal or non-formal study attempted and/or completed, OR design portfolio (6-10 pieces of original creative work)
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
||No information available||No||No information available|