Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This double degree increases career options across communication and data science fields. Understand the function and influence of communication and develop comprehensive knowledge of data science tools and techniques to apply and clearly convey the insights gained from extracting knowledge from data. The communication component develops expertise in written, spoken, visual and digital formats across local and international communication platforms. The data science component covers the necessary theory and the practical tools for data acquisition, storage, management, processing, analysis and visualisation. Ethical considerations, communication, collaboration and critical thinking skills are all given first-class coverage.
- 384 credit points (32 units)
- Communication component: 192 credit points (16 units) - 4 core units and 12 major units
- Data Science component: 192 credit points (16 core units)
- Students undertake the two components of the double degree concurrently
- Some units can be studied online.
- Data Science
- Digital media
- Entertainment Industries
- Professional communication
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: English, or Literature, or English and Literature Extension, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C)
- Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C).
Pathways to Master of Teaching (Secondary) and Master of Philosophy are available. Students may be able to claim advanced standing for part of their course, on the basis of completed or partially completed studies, and other assessable learning outcomes.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Gardens Point||International: $140,400||No|
|Kelvin Grove||International: $140,400||No|