Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program provides students with a supportive, flexible and focused program to upgrade qualifications, knowledge and skills in particular areas of nursing practice. The course enables students to develop competence in their areas of practice, to examine issues and trends in nursing scholarship and to develop an understanding of research applied to the clinical practice setting. It offers a wide range of pathways for nurses working in diverse settings. This course is only available to Australian citizens or permanent residents, and New Zealand citizens.
Students may opt to major in one study area. There is also the option of not completing a major and choosing units from more than one study area.
- Acute care nursing
- Cancer nursing
- Chronic health care nursing
- Emergency nursing
- Gastroenterology nursing
- health professional education
- Intensive care nursing
- Paediatric, child and youth health nursing
Standard entry requirements
- Registration as a nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- In some study areas applicants will need to comply with certain clinical requirements
- Specific professional experience is required in units that require workplace-based clinical practice
- Students must maintain access to the relevant practice setting for the duration of the program
Students who have completed the Transition to Practice Nurse Program from Qld Health may be eligible for up to 2 units of Advanced Standing. Students must complete the AS Application form and provide a certified copy of the award certificate from this program.
This course is only available part-time.