Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a range of tasks relating to servicing and repairing air conditioning components and systems of cars and heavy vehicles in an automotive service and repair business.The completion of this qualification enables an individual to apply for anAAC02 - Refrigerant handling licence - qualified persons(Automotive air conditioning licence: 2 years). Users are advised that the scope of the licence will be contingent on unit of competency selection. This licence is governed by the Australian Refrigeration Council, which should be contacted for further information.
- 13 units: 7 core
- 6 elective
- Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- Retrofit and modify air conditioning and HVAC systems
- Use numbers in an automotive workplace
- Overhaul air conditioning and HVAC system compressors
- Carry out mechanical pre-repair operations
- Install air conditioning systems
- Recover vehicle refrigerants
- Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
- Inspect and service engines
- Diagnose and repair air conditioning and HVAC systems
- Service air conditioning and HVAC systems
- Read and respond to automotive workplace information
- Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- Remove and tag automotive electrical system components
- Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- Solder electrical wiring and circuits
- Prepare vehicles for customer use
- Respond to customer needs and enquiries in an automotive workplace
- Carry out servicing operations
- Diagnose and repair cooling systems
- Carry out diagnostic procedures
- Install basic ancillary electrical systems and components
Standard entry requirements
This qualification may be accessed by direct entry.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Coffs Harbour Education Campus CHEC||No|
|Dubbo College, Myall Street Campus||No|
|Mount Druitt College||No|
|Wagga Wagga Campus||No|
Campuses: Albury Campus, Wagga Wagga Campus.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
Campuses: Dubbo College, Myall Street Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:Australia and New Zealand Automotive Air Conditioning 3rd Edition, Jeff Green/Roger Green $107.00. Course manual is a requirement for study. Students can source their own manual if required.PPE including gloves, safety glasses and ear protection $20.00. PPE is a WHS requirement to enter the workshop. Students have option of sourcing their own PPE.