Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is a higher degree by research available across a range of disciplines within the University research institutes, as well as the University's faculties.
Standard entry requirements
- There are two entry pathways into the PhD course: standard and accelerated entry. Students entering the course on accelerated entry are granted advanced standing for the 12 credit point coursework component of the PhD and commence directly into the research component. The Faculty or Research Institute will determine an applicant's eligibility for standard entry based upon evidence provided which would include: Evidence of advanced knowledge in an area relevant to the PhD topic
- A minimum of four years study at Australian degree level in a relevant area (e.g. four year bachelor degree or bachelor degree plus coursework masters)
- Evidence of an ability to undertake complex thinking and problem solving
- And evidence of significant aptitude for research. The Faculty or Research Institute will determine an applicant's eligibility for entry with advanced standing (accelerated entry) based upon evidence provided which would include: A degree of bachelor with first or upper second class honours awarded by an Australian university or other recognised higher education institution, and evidence of research training and aptitude for research
- Or an award or the completion of work that has first or upper second class honours equivalence (as set out in the Admission to Higher Degree by Research Courses Policy), and evidence of significant research ability and professional performance. In addition, all applicants must: Meet the University's minimum English proficiency requirements for entry into higher degree by research courses
- Satisfy any requirements for admission to the relevant specialisation approved by Academic Board (e.g. some specialisations require higher IELTS scores)
- And satisfy any additional requirements specified for admission of the particular applicant, consistent with University policy.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|