Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
You will undertake studies which focus on critical thinking and diagnostic reasoning, advanced nursing and clinical practice, and the quality use of medicines. These studies will provide you with the confidence to work collaboratively as a valuable member of the healthcare team and to know that you are making a vital contribution to your client's health outcome.
- Courses to support your drive and direction include: Contemporary Nursing
- Biophysical and Integrated Clinical Diagnosis
- Primary Health Care Introduction to Pharmacotherapeutics and Prescribing for Advanced Nursing Practice.
Standard entry requirements
- Current general registration as a registered nurse in Australia. A minimum of two years full time equivalent (FTE) as a registered nurse in a specified clinical field and two years FTE of current advanced nursing practice in this same clinical field. A postgraduate qualification at Australian Qualifications Framework Level 8 in a clinical field. Sufficient English language proficiency and communication skills to successfully undertake academic experience and integrated professional practice requirements throughout the program (as evidenced by current general registration as a general nurse in Australia). There are additional entry requirements for students including: Nomination of two clinical supervisors approved by the Program Convenor. The clinical supervisors are to consist of: An endorsed nurse practitioner or senior clinical nurse with a master's degree or equivalent within the area of practice
- And A medical practitioner who is an expert in the student's chosen area of practice. 2 referee letters to support Advanced Practice Confirmed workplace support to complete all professional experience requirements of the program, including a minimum of 300 hours of integrated supernumerary professional practice. Students are also required to provide a completed site suitability checklist for each IPP experience that is to be conducted, including at a different site to be approved by the School of Nursing and Midwifery.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||No information available|