Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Commerce (Co-op) is an outstanding scholarship program established by industry and UNSW to provide financial support and industry training to high-achieving students. It combines a strong, four year academic program with 15 to 18 months of industry experience with highly sought after sponsor organisations. The degree is flexible and allows students to design a program to follow their interests or career ambitions in accounting, finance, information systems and management, or marketing, with the opportunity of studying another business discipline within the four years.
- 32 courses (192 UOC): Eight Commerce core courses
- One Commerce (Co-op) major
- Free electives (May be used to complete an approved second major)
- Industrial training courses
- General Education courses (chosen from other faculties).
- Students must choose one of the following Co-op majors: Accounting and business management
- Commerce information systems
- Marketing. Optional second major include: Business economics
- Business law
- Business strategy and economic management
- Chinese studies
- Financial economics
- French studies
- German studies
- Human resource management
- International business
- Japanese studies
- Korean studies
- Real estate studies
- Spanish and Latin American studies
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: Mathematics. Recommended: English (Advanced), Mathematics (Extension 1)
May meet the education requirement of various professional bodies including Australian Computer Society (Information Systems), Australian Human Resources Institute (Human Resource Management), Australian Securities and Investment Commission (RG-146) (Finance), CPA Australia (Accounting), Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (Accounting), ACCA (Accounting) and Institute of Public Accountants (Accounting), depending on course selection.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|UNSW Business School||Domestic: $45,839||No|
A separate UNSW Co-op Program application is required. Applicants will be selected to attend a face-to-face interview held at UNSW with academics and representatives from the sponsored companies. If students are selected for an interview they will be invited to attend a UNSW Co-op Program interview briefing day. Students accepted into the Co-op program will be required to undertake up to 18 months of practical experience in various sponsoring organisations. A tax-free scholarship of AU$18,200 per annum (over 4 years) is also included within the Co-op Program. This program is currently not offered to International students. The UNSW HSC Plus does not apply to the Bachelor of Commerce (Co-op).