Recyclers collect, sort and handle a range of recyclable items such as paper, glass, metals and plastics that are then processed and prepared for resale.
Personal requirements of a Recycler
- enjoy practical work
- understand the benefits of reducing waste and recycling
- able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- aware of public health and personal hygiene issues.
Duties & Tasks of a Recycler
Recyclers may perform the following tasks:
- separate recyclable items according to type
- calculate payment to customers
- manually prepare recyclable products
- operate a forklift
- find markets for sale of products
- deliver products to market for resale
- seek to increase and promote recycling
- assist with or provide advice relating to the development of on-site technology for more efficient handling of recyclable items
- assist with or provide advice about minimising and avoiding waste.
Working conditions for a Recycler
Recyclable products are collected from community groups, households, industry and commercial establishments, such as hotels, restaurants and clubs.par Recyclers work in conditions that can be dirty and unhygienic.