Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Through our nationally recognised degree you will learn how to improve the health, performance and participation of individuals, teams and athletes through exercise programming and delivery, athlete training, and health advice. Wea re connected to a huge range of sporting organisations – from the Australian Institute of Sport to the AFL, NRL, A-League clubs, Tennis Australia and American NBA. With us you will get the best opportunities for industry placements and future employment in Australia and around the world.
240 credit points. Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science students must complete 40 hours of community engagement and 140 hours of appropriate professional experience (practicum), with accurate record-keeping, as part of course accreditation requirements.You will be placed in a range of organisations to integrate the theory you learn with practical workplace experiences (placements). As part of your enrolment, you must complete the Faculty of Health Sciences pre-placement requirements. To ensure you meet these requirements you need to start as soon as possible. Visit ACU’s Work Integrated Learning (WIL) website to view your Pre-Placement Requirements checklist.
- Exercise and health science
- Sport and exercise science
Standard entry requirements
- To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed the following prerequisites at year 12 level, or equivalent.New South Wales Recommended studies: English (Standard) Band 3
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE)
- Mathematics (any) plus one of Biology, Chemistry or Physics.Queensland Prerequisites: English (Units 3 and 4, C)Recommended studies: one of General Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Specialist Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Health or Physical Education (Units 3 and 4, C)Victoria Prerequisites: Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL.*Disclaimer: The Course entry requirements above are for 2021 Admission. Refer to your relevant Tertiary Admission Centre website for future years' entry requirements.
Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) accreditation: From 2014-2018, any graduate of our Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science degree at the Brisbane, Strathfield or Melbourne campus can apply for ESSA membership at the Exercise Scientist level. This degree is currently undergoing the ESSA re-accreditation process for graduates in the program from 2019-2023. This accreditation also means that the course has been approved as providing the appropriate knowledge and skills to enter our postgraduate Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology course. (B) Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA) accreditation: This degree provides partial accreditation at ASCA Level 1 if appropriate electives are completed as part of your degree.
An Honours year is available to meritorious students, with a grade point average of 5.75, who meet the admission requirements for the Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science (Honours). Graduates may progress to further studies in exercise science, sports science, sports coaching or exercise physiology.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Blacktown (St Josephine Bakhita)||No|
|Brisbane (McAuley at Banyo)||No|
|Melbourne (St Patrick's)||International: $73,008||No|
|Strathfield (Mount Saint Mary)||No|
Graduates can work as health and fitness consultants, exercise scientists, sports scientists, sports coaches, and exercise physiologists - after completing a postgraduate qualification in exercise physiology