Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course provides the basis for exciting careers as construction managers and assists with employment areas of Construction Management including Project Management principles, Construction Contract Administration, Construction Risk Management and Construction Technology. Project management concepts are embedded within this course covering initiating, planning and leading lean projects to executing and closing projects. Students will also develop their knowledge in risk management and legal concepts relevant to contracts, plus gain an introduction to modern building construction technology with an emphasis on multi-unit and low-rise construction.
8 units (48 credit points)
- Construction management
- Project management
Standard entry requirements
- A completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent Diploma
- With a minimum of 2 years relevant industry employment experience
- Or a completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent 3-year Bachelor of Project Management
- With a minimum of 2-years relevant industry employment experience
- Or a completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent 3-year Bachelor degree in a relevant field*.*Relevant fields include: Architecture, Building, Construction Management, Engineering.
Students can extend their learning and pathway into CQUni's Master of Construction Management.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|