Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) responds to a growing local and international demand for higher levels of knowledge and skill in the provision of TESOL education programs. The course will appeal to prospective students who are seeking to advance their employment in youth and adult learning contexts within Australia and abroad. Graduates will be able to use the research-informed approach of the course to improve their teaching practice in TESOL, and advance their career in TESOL education.
8 credit points of study comprising 6 credit points of core units and 2 credit points of course elective units
- Pedagogy for TESOL and EAL learners
- Pedagogic grammar
- Learning global english in diverse social contexts
- CLIL pedagogy
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor honours (AQF8) degree in a related discipline
- OR Bachelor degree in a related discipline, plus two years relevant work experience
- OR Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in a related discipline
- OR Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
Credit for prior learning will be granted in accordance with university policy
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne Burwood||Domestic: $34,128|
This course is not an initial teacher education qualification