It looks like the details of this course have recently changed. We recommend search for similar courses on The Good Universities Guide here or contact this institution for more information
Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Allows students to develop an understanding of the factors that affect performance in occupations of self-care, education, work, social participation, and play and leisure for individuals, groups and populations through the lifespan. Fieldwork placements commence in the first year and throughout the course, and provide students with valuable learning experiences in a range of settings. Graduates will possess a sound knowledge and understanding of professional principles and processes and will be able to generalize their attributes and skills in new situations.
- 29 Units
- 480 Credit Points. Practicum Placement.
Standard entry requirements
- University admission requirements apply. International students are required to provide an Academic IELTS with an overall minimum score of 7.5 (no individual band less than 7.0). Internationally schooled applicants may also be required to meet this requirement. Minimum English standard requirements for this course may also be satisfied with one of the following: Year 12 English ATAR/English Literature ATAR grade C or better or equivalent
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test
- * Successfully completed 1.0 EFTSL of study at bachelor level or higher in the UK, Ireland, USA, NZ or Canada
- University Preparation Course
- Indigenous University Orientation Course
- * Aboriginal Student Intake Test
- * AQF Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree
- Or Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at bachelor level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent). Alternative qualifications and English tests will be considered on an individual basis.
Students with a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70 per cent or higher after the third year of study may be invited to complete an Honours program within the fourth year. Those students will transfer to the Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy) Honours for the fourth and final year.
|Mid year intake
Related careers: Occupational Therapist, Health and Wellness Coordinator, Mental Health Therapist, Occupational Rehabilitationist, Safety Officer, Disability Therapist, Neuromuscular Therapist, Hand Therapist, Neurorehabilitationist, Paediatric Therapist, Aged and Community Care Coordinator