Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program provides professional pre-service teacher training for graduates intending to be primary school teachers. It is accredited as a teaching qualification for government school teachers in all Australian States, and its Biblical worldview makes it ideal for teaching in Christian schools. Delivered online, it offers candidates the flexibility to undertake coursework at times they find convenient, and with less travel. Students complete 60 days of supervised professional experience in schools near their homes, with Excelsia College field coordinators supporting both students and supervising teachers. Teaching placements in rural and remote communities are encouraged and supported. Graduates are eligible for employment with the Education employment authorities in all States, as well as with independent schools.
Prospective primary school teachers for Australian schools
- This course has two short on-campus intensives, with all coursework units delivered online. Students complete 60 days of supervised practical teaching experience in local schools. The course provides curriculum studies in all eight key learning areas of the primary school. Subjects: Introduction to teaching
- Cultural perspectives in teaching
- Psychology for teachers
- Teaching students with diverse abilities
- Teaching biblical studies
- Science and technology
- Human society and its environment
- Personal development, Health and physical education
- Creative arts
- Professional experience.
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree with 1 year of study relevant to 1 or more learning areas of the primary school
- Where applicable, IELTS Academic 7.5 minimum overall result, with minimum of 8.0 in speaking and listening, and minimum of 7.0 in reading and writing.
NSW Department of Education and Training; NSW Institute of Teachers; Queensland Board of Teacher Registration; Victorian Institute of Teaching; Teachers Registration Board of South Australia; Western Australian College of Teaching; Northern Territory Department of Education; Teachers Registration Board Tasmania.
Credit is awarded for equivalent previous studies. RPL recognition is available for certified primary teaching experience. Graduates of this course can access in-service higher degrees.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Macquarie Park||Domestic: $30,400|
Campuses: Macquarie Park.
FEE-HELP, Youth Allowance, Austudy and Abstudy available to eligible students.
Online course delivery provides flexibility, maximising potential learning opportunities.