Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This one year pathway is designed for students who want to gain entry into the Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Arts. Students who successfully complete all topics in this pathway program and achieve an overall Credit average or above, including a grade of Pass or higher in the three education topics, will transfer into the Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Arts (4 years F/equivalent P including the Pathway year).
This pathway program offers students the opportunity to study three education topics that are normally restricted to students enrolled in the Education double degree. Alongside these, students will study Bachelor of Arts topics of which will transfer their education degree and become their teaching areas. Students will learn the skills and knowledge required to embark upon a career as a teacher, and which are also highly valued in a wide range of occupations.
- Middle and secondary schooling
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent qualifications
- Or mature age entry (STAT)
- Or TAFE/VET qualifications
- Or higher education transfers
- Or completion of a foundation studies program. Applicants must complete a non-academic assessment task as part of their application to demonstrate their motivation to teach, their strong interpersonal and communication skills, willingness to learn, resilience, self-efficacy, and strong organisational and planning skills.
Students who successfully transfer into the double degree of Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Arts will complete all the educational and training requirements necessary for registration with the Teachers Registration Board of South Australia. Graduates looking for employment in other parts of Australia and overseas may be required to meet additional conditions.