Type of institution: Registered Training Organisation
This qualification covers work activities undertaken by workers in boning rooms or in meat wholesale enterprises which prepare meat cuts from whole carcases. Graduates from this qualification will have a wide range of cognitive, technical and communication skills to select and apply a specialised range of tools, materials and information to:complete routine activitiesprovide and transmit solutions to predictable and sometimes unpredictable problemsGraduates will apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy and judgement and to take limited responsibility in known and stable contexts within established parameters. No occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements are known to apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
7 core units plus 2 electives.
- Bone carcase using mechanical aids (large stock)
- Comply with Quality Assurance and HACCP requirements
- Slice and trim large stock forequarter
- Bone large stock carcase - hindquarter
- Apply hygiene and sanitation practices
- Communicate in the workplace
- Bone small stock carcase - middle
- Operate trunk boning machine
- Slice small stock carcase - shoulder
- Bone small stock carcase - leg
- Follow safe work policies and procedures
- Slice small stock carcase - middle
- Slice and trim leg - small stock
- Maintain personal equipment
- Break carcase using a bandsaw
- Bone large stock carcase - forequarter
- Sharpen knives
- Operate leg boning machine
- Overview the meat industry
- Bone small stock carcase - shoulder
- Slice and trim large stock hindquarter
Standard entry requirements
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Caboolture||No information available||No||No information available|
Apprentice students only.