Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program produces graduates with a strong understanding of the processes and mechanisms underlying human physical activity. The focus is on the use of physical activity in the enhancement of human performance in occupational, educational, sport, exercise and leisure settings. Foundation studies include anatomy, physiology and psychology followed by applied studies in exercise physiology, sports medicine, functional anatomy, biomechanics, health promotion, sport and exercise nutrition and sport and exercise psychology.
72 credit points. Prescribed course includes over 100 hours of work placement.
- Sport and exercise science
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- English (Units 3/4,C), general maths (Units 3/4,C), mathematical methods (Units 3/4,C) or specialist maths (Units 3/4,C)
- Recommended: any of biology, chemistry, physics, health, psychology or physical education (Units 3/4,C). Students must also meet requirements for placement: immunisation
- Completion of an Australian Nationally Accredited First Aid and CPR training course
- Suitability to Work with Children Card (Blue Card)
- Australian Federal Police check.
Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA, NUCAP Accreditation). Students are eligible for ESSA professional membership on completion of this award.
Honours is offered to students who meet the stated criteria, available on a full or part-time basis.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|JCU Townsville||International: $96,840||Yes|
If students identify as Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, JCU can assist them in pursuit of a health career through the Indigenous Health Careers Access Program (IHCAP). International student visa-holders must not enrol in more than a third of the total credit points for the course in online, distance or external study.