Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Build on your successes in the Bachelor of Science by completing Honours to enhance essential employability skills or take your first step to a career in research, academia and beyond. Mentored by expert staff from La Trobe's wide range of active research labs, you'll develop a variety of scientific techniques by conducting your own research project. To complement your research, essential laboratory, scientific communication and presentation skills established during your undergraduate degree will be consolidated through workshops and exercises. You'll also be exposed to leading edge methodologies as part of a competitive research team. Honours gives you the opportunity to specialise in the following disciplines: Agriculture (Melbourne Campus) Biochemistry (Melbourne Campus) Botany (Melbourne Campus) Chemistry (Melbourne Campus) Computer science (Melbourne Campus) Ecology, environment and evolution (Albury/Wodonga and Melbourne Campus) Environmental geoscience (Melbourne Campus) Genetics (Melbourne Campus) Mathematics (Melbourne Campus) Microbiology (Melbourne Campus) Physics (Melbourne Campus) Statistics (Melbourne Campus) The Bendigo campus offers projects in biochemistry, anatomy, pharmacology, physiology, physics, chemistry and environmental science.
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Honours in Ecology, Environment and Evolution A
- Honours in Ecology, Environment and Evolution B
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Standard entry requirements
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Australian Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant study area. Students are selected based on their performance in the final year of the pass degree course. Students must obtain a minimum average of 60 per cent across all of their third-year subjects and obtain at least 65 per cent in subjects related to the Honours discipline to the value of 60 credit points.
- International: IELTS - 6.5 < 6.0 (PG minimum) - 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne.
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Tuesday, Dec 7 2021