Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Find your specialty with an Honours degree. Over 8 million adults and 3 million children participate in sport each year, while nearly 60,000 Australians were hospitalised for sporting injuries between 2016-17. With such a high level of participation and risk, scientific research is extremely valuable in addressing issues relating to people's health, wellbeing, performance and participation. La Trobe's research in human movement and sports science is rated 'well above world standard'. La Trobe's Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (Honours) lets you explore your area of interest in sport and human performance. Choose an area you're passionate about and delve deep into the science, theory and related practice. You'll work closely with a supervisor on a one-year research project, which will culminate in the submission of your thesis.
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Honours in Sport and Human Performance A
- Honours in Sport and Human Performance B
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Standard entry requirements
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - To qualify for admission to the Honours program, students are to have achieved the requirements for the pass degree, the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science or equivalent Bachelors degree. Students will be selected based on their academic performance in the final year of the pass degree and places will be subject to availability of projects and supervisors in the Sport and Exercise Science discipline. Students must obtain a minimum average of 70% across all of their third-year subjects.
- International: IELTS - 6.5 < 6.0 (PG minimum) - 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Tuesday, Dec 7 2021