Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00002J; 02942D (ELC)
This is a four year honours degree designed to prepare students for entry into the profession of psychology or a higher research degree. The first three years follow an accredited path of undergraduate study in psychology, followed by an honours year in which students complete a research thesis under the supervision of academic staff.
- 96 credit points
- minimum 60 credit points at 200 level or above
- minimum 18 credit points at 300 level
- minimum 24 credit points at 400 level
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Mathematics is recommended. Entry to fourth year will require an SNG (Standard Numerical Grade) of 70 over all Psychology units and an average SNG of 75 over all 300 level Psychology units
- And a minimum of 72 credit points. Applicants for the fourth year who do not meet these requirements may also be considered on an individual basis
This course is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC). This enables students to progress through a pathway of study towards registration as a psychologist.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
||No||No information available|
This accredited four year program is suitable for students wishing to pursue a career as a psychologist or higher degree research. Completion of B Psychology (Honours) satisfies the current educational requirements for conditional registration as a psychologist and associate membership of the Australian Psychological Society. Note that a further two years of postgraduate training or supervised experience is required for registration as a psychologist.