Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Engineering with commerce is a powerful combination. Many engineers work in areas outside of engineering, such as management, banking and consulting, and many go on to become CEOs of major corporations. This dual degree includes the engineering common first year, allowing you time to learn about engineering and its various branches before choosing an area of specialisation. In this year you will learn to apply your developing maths and science knowledge to real-life problems. You will also select your commerce major after sampling from across the main disciplines. Think economics, finance, management, marketing or sustainability, or any other major that aligns with your career aspirations.
Students undertake the Common First year before specialising in their chosen discipline from level 2. Students must complete 240 points, of which 144 points are from the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and 96 points from the Bachelor of Commerce. All students need to complete 420 hours of continuous professional development in order to graduate.
- Aerospace engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical and computer systems engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Materials engineering
- Robotics and Mechatronics engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Software engineering
- Actuarial studies
- Behavioural commerce
- Business analytics
- Business law
- Management studies
- Marketing science
Standard entry requirements
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents: VCE English Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English, plus VCE Mathematics Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in Mathematical Methods (any) or Specialist mathematics
- Plus Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in VCE Chemistry or Physics. IB English at least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL plus IB Mathematics, at least 4 in Mathematics SL or 3 in Mathematics HL or 3 in Further Mathematics HL plus IB Sciences at least 4 in Chemistry SL or 3 in Chemistry HL or 4 in Physics SL or 3 in Physics HL.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
||No||No information available|