Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program offers preparation for a specialised position in counselling for practitioners in the counselling field and social science graduates. It also gives students knowledge, understanding and skills that will contribute to the development and practice of counselling in their professional environment.
Practitioners in the counselling field, or graduates of social science degrees
- 144 credit points completed over 4 semesters full-time or 6 semesters part-time
- students undertake a project over the final 2 semesters.
Standard entry requirements
- A completed recognised Bachelor Degree (or higher) in health, education, or human resource management
- Or Bachelor Honours, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Masters or Doctorate degree in a different discipline area
- Or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline with a minimum three years full-time equivalent relevant experience
This course is accredited by the Australian Counselling Association
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||
Applicants who meet the entry requirements will be contacted by QUT to attend an interview to assess their suitability for counselling training. Admission is based on prior studies and interview. Classes are held in the evening.