Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification provides an entry level occupational outcome in shearing. It recognises the work of a novice shearer who is able to shear a minimum of 40 adult merino sheep or 50 adult crossbred sheep per day to an acceptable industry standard. The shearing industry expects this qualification to be achieved to meet job outcomes at this level.This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship.Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:Shearer - novice levelNo occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
9 core units
- Grind combs and cutters for machine shearing
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Apply animal welfare principles to handling and husbandry of livestock
- Shear sheep to novice level
- Prepare handpiece and downtube for machine shearing
- Work effectively in the industry
- Participate in work health and safety processes
- Crutch sheep
- Undertake basic shearing and crutching
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Armidale Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- PPE, covered work boots and appropriate clothing to undertake shearing and crutching tasks. - you will need access to a computer and basic stationery.