Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who operate as visual merchandising specialists. These individuals possess a broad range of technical skills and sound knowledge of visual merchandising principles to plan and coordinate visual merchandising activities. They operate independently, make a range of operational decisions, and may have some responsibility for others. This qualification provides a pathway to work in a range of retail settings including speciality and fashion retailers, supermarkets and department stores. It also provides a pathway to work on a freelance basis. Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as visual merchandiser, retail store visual merchandiser, visual merchandising stylist and event visual merchandiser. No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
15 core units plus 8 electives.
- Develop retail space and product management plans
- Explore the use of colour
- Contribute to workplace health and safety
- Implement visual merchandising concepts
- Review retail business fundamentals
- Produce drawings
- Plan and organise display lighting
- Design and install merchandise signage
- Explore and apply the creative design process to 2D forms
- Develop visual merchandising guidelines
- Prepare digital content
- Style using visual merchandising aids
- Achieve visual merchandising targets
- Produce computer-aided drawings
- Design and install visual merchandising displays
- Create visual design components
- Plan and manage retail projects
- Plan and style merchandise photo shoots
- Source and apply information on the history and theory of design
- Coach others for success
- Maintain workplace safety
- Communicate with influence
- Provide leadership to others
- Develop visual merchandising creative concepts
- Explore and apply the creative design process to 3D forms
- Produce drawings to communicate ideas
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Ultimo College, Main Campus||No|
Campuses: Ultimo College, Main Campus.
**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**All course materials, props, products and craft materials will be provided to the student. Students are required to purchase their own tools for this course which would include; toolbox, hammer, staple gun with staples, fishing line, steel pins, wire cutters, scissors and PPE including face mask, safety glasses, shoe covers and ear plugs.