Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This specialist Health and Physical Education - Secondary course equips individuals to be leaders in promoting physical activity and teaching physical education across the lifespan. Students learn how to: motivate and instruct others to become more skilled and physically fit; assess progress in skills and fitness; and design and implement physical education programs for individuals and groups of all ages.
- 3 Core Curriculum courses (units)
- 20 Health Science courses
- 9 Education courses
- 5 Secondary stream courses
- 27 weeks of practicum across 4 years.
- Education-health and physical
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Mature age applicants: strong results in 6-12 months of study full time equivalent (with 65% course average or higher)
- Successful completion of four or more mature age WACE subjects
This Award is accredited with the Teachers Registration Board of Western Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||No information available|
All teacher education students in WA are required to sit the national Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students (LANTITE) and demonstrate the required minimum level of personal literacy and numeracy prior to their final professional experience. The test is administered externally by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) and students will be required to register with ACER and pay for the test.